Vanilla Coconut & Fig Slices
I used a 10.5cm x 20.5cm loaf tin.
Walnut Fig Base
½ cup walnuts
¼ cup almonds i tryed walnuts instead & it worked fine)
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
2 tbsp flaxseeds
½ cup dried figs
½ cup medjool dates (pitted)
½ tbsp water
½ tsp cinnamon Vanilla Coconut Cashew Cream
½ cup cashews (soaked in water overnight)
½ cup coconut milk
½ cup desiccated coconut
2 tbsp maple syrup
½ tsp vanilla bean paste Fresh fig slices to decorate
1. For the base, add all ingredients into a food processor and process until the mixture sticks together when pressed between the fingers.
2. Line tray with cling film.
3. Pour mixture into tin and carefully press firmly using the back of a spatula until base is completely flat and even.
4. Put into the freezer to set, whilst you make the vanilla coconut cashew cream.
5. For the coconut cream, add cashews to a food processor and process for a few minutes.
6. With the food processor still running, slowly add the coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla bean paste.
7. Keep processing until the mixture becomes very smooth and creamy.
8. Add desiccated coconut and pulse to combine.
9. Pull the walnut fig base out of the freezer and fill with the coconut cashew cream layer.
10. Put back into the freezer for 2 hours to set. Slice can be kept in the freezer until serving (let defrost for approximately 15 mins for cream to soften).
11. Decorate with fresh figs, slice carefully with a sharp knife and enjoy this delightful treat with your family and friends.